Outsourced DPO Services for your Company
In the EU institutions and bodies, the GDPR Data Protection Regulation mandates that public companies which monitor people or process sensitive data must have a Data Protection Officer (DPO). The role of data privacy officer role is of growing interest in the U.S. as well, with the legislation of new privacy acts.
What is a DPO?
The primary role of the DPO is to ensure that the appointing entity is in compliance with the GDPR and other applicable laws. The DPO ensures that the organization processes the personal data of its staff, customers, providers or data subjects in compliance with the applicable data protection rules.
In the EU, GDPR requires that a DPO be independent, and due to that need for independence, as well as a global shortage of qualified privacy legal and operational experts for hire, many entities opt to outsource the role of Data Protection Officer to appropriate legal experts such as 2B Advice. Beyond compliance with EU directives, there can be a great advantage to having an outsourced, independent DPO so this role might be one to consider in other regions around the globe as more states and countries adopt privacy regulations. Such outsourcing of the privacy officer role can boost the organization’s health by building up protection against potential data breaches, can help create a culture of privacy that serves as a competitive advantage, and be a valuable business partner to enable growth.
What is the Role of the 2B Advice Outsourced Data Protection Officer?
As the Data Protection Officer, 2B Advice will determine — once provided with proper access to the appointing entity, its management, relevant records, systems and employees — what the appointing entity would need to do to achieve privacy compliance, make the appropriate recommendations, and supervise the implementation of our proposed remedial measures. As we are bound to do this in professional independence, we don’t commit to a specific roadmap but stipulate that we will perform all steps required to make the necessary determinations and issue the appropriate recommendations. This is ensures that we are not simply running down a checklist or list of deliverables but retain responsibility for achieving the promised outcome.
How the DPO Supports the Lifecycle of Privacy Compliance
Our outsourced DPO Services are divided into a set-up and a maintenance stages in accordance to the lifecycle of privacy compliance. The external DPO ensures that the data protection rules are respected in cooperation with the data protection authority. For the EU institutions and bodies, this is the European Data Protection Supervisor, or EDPS. These tasks may include:
- Assessing privacy compliance risks and communicating them to stakeholders
- Giving advice and recommendations to the institution about the interpretation or application of the data protection rules
- Establishing a data protection organization, if needed
- Illustrating processes for data protection management in privacy compliance software, such as 2B Advice PrIME
- Ensuring that controllers and data subjects are informed about their data protection rights, obligations and responsibilities and raise awareness about them
- Creating a register of processing operations within the institution
- Working towards data protection compliance
- Handling queries or complaints on request by the institution, the controller, other person(s)
- Acting as the contact point for the supervisory authority on issues relating to processing
- Raising the privacy awareness of employees and management through training and education
- Advocating for the institution’s data protection concerns before national and European data protection supervisory authorities
- Providing advice where requested as regards the data protection impact assessment and monitoring its performance pursuant to Article 35 of the GDPR
Founded in 2003, 2B Advice has deep experience in the role of DPO. 2B Advice experts serve as external Data Protection Officer for 148 companies, some with over 100 subsidiaries. We have conducted data protection training for over 5,000 participants including 3,000 DPOs.
To learn more about 2B Advice Consulting and DPO services, schedule a meeting with a sales representative today.
Our software was developed according to German data protection guidelines.
We are one of the providers with the longest experience in the market.
Our data protection expertise is transnational and we work internationally.
Privacy consultancy 2B Advice named a "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
2B Advice is an IAPP corporate Gold member
2B Advice awarded Grand Prix of the SME 2014 and the Ludwig 2014
2B Advice is a Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner
Our Clients (Selection)
Learn more about how data protection compliance software can help you with GDPR compliance.2B Advice Reasons to operationalize CCPA Whitepaper
7 reasons why to get started on the journey to privacy compliance. Download the whitepaper!Free Single User License for 2B Advice PriME
Interested in an unlimited single seat license for comprehensive data privacy software? Register here now.
Read about the GDPR and biometric data and how DPA’s are addressing authentication vs identification relative to privacy.Coronavirus: Employee Privacy Rights
As companies develop their crisis and communications plans around the coronavirus (Covid-19) threat, they will need to take into account their employee privacy rights.Automating GDPR and CCPA Compliance
Get the details on the latest 2B Advice PrIME release 7.0. Now with even more features to support automated GDPR and CCPA compliance.