GDPR 1-Day Workshop
Beginning in 2018, the European General Data Protection Regulation (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR) comes into force. The regulation is meant to standardize and expand the rights of individual citizens to control their own personally identifiable data. What exactly does this mean for business? What new rights and obligations will arise? What procedures and processes will need to be adjusted or introduced? The workshop provides data protection supervisors, privacy officers, compliance officers and management with the expertise necessary to prepare their businesses for the challenges of the new GDPR. After attending the workshop, each participant will receive a certificate of completion.
- Combination of theoretical knowledge and practical methods
- Discussion and review of existing standard procedures
- Solutions offered for individual problem areas (submit in advance via email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Small group discussing current issues
- Advice from someone with over 17 years of EU privacy law experience
- Feedback regarding individual questions (submit in advance via email: email@example.com)
- FREE detailed GDPR Preparation Checklist
- Complimentary food and drinks throughout the duration of the workshop
The target group includes privacy officers, CEOs, lawyers, IT and compliance officers and employees of the human resources and marketing departments in companies and government agencies from all sectors. Basic knowledge of data protection law is a prerequisite.
- Practical effects of the General Data Protection Regulation: What remains? What changes?
- When do the new regulations come into effect?
- How much time do companies have to transition?
- Possibilities and limitations of national legislation
- Effects on marketing
- Impact on the protection of employee data
- Data transfer between the EU and the US
- What has changed in regards to commissioned data processing?
- Extended powers of supervisory authorities
- Specific purposes and big data
- Future role of the Data Privacy Officer
- New rights of data subjects
- Fines: up to 4% of annual revenue
- Opportunities for privacy certification
Privacy consultancy 2B Advice named a "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
2B Advice is an IAPP corporate Gold member
2B Advice awarded Grand Prix of the SME 2014 and the Ludwig 2014
2B Advice is a Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner
Our Clients (Selection)
How We Can Help
Learn more about how data protection compliance software can help you with GDPR compliance.2B Advice Reasons to operationalize CCPA Whitepaper
7 reasons why to get started on the journey to privacy compliance. Download the whitepaper!Free Single User License for 2B Advice PriME
Interested in an unlimited single seat license for comprehensive data privacy software? Register here now.
Learn about Article 30 of the GDPR and how processing activities are affected in the EU. Contact 2B Advice for a consultation today.2B Advice announces version 7.5 of the 2B Advice PrIME privacy compliance software
The latest software version includes many new capabilities and expands on several features launched in 2B Advice PrIME earlier this year.Telemedicine Certification Requirements in Germany
Telemedicine Certification: Digitization of medical care through virtual home visits calls for attention to privacy and security