GDPR 1-Day Workshop
Beginning in 2018, the European General Data Protection Regulation (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR) comes into force. The regulation is meant to standardize and expand the rights of individual citizens to control their own personally identifiable data. What exactly does this mean for business? What new rights and obligations will arise? What procedures and processes will need to be adjusted or introduced? The workshop provides data protection supervisors, privacy officers, compliance officers and management with the expertise necessary to prepare their businesses for the challenges of the new GDPR. After attending the workshop, each participant will receive a certificate of completion.
- Combination of theoretical knowledge and practical methods
- Discussion and review of existing standard procedures
- Solutions offered for individual problem areas (submit in advance via email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Small group discussing current issues
- Advice from someone with over 17 years of EU privacy law experience
- Feedback regarding individual questions (submit in advance via email: email@example.com)
- FREE detailed GDPR Preparation Checklist
- Complimentary food and drinks throughout the duration of the workshop
The target group includes privacy officers, CEOs, lawyers, IT and compliance officers and employees of the human resources and marketing departments in companies and government agencies from all sectors. Basic knowledge of data protection law is a prerequisite.
- Practical effects of the General Data Protection Regulation: What remains? What changes?
- When do the new regulations come into effect?
- How much time do companies have to transition?
- Possibilities and limitations of national legislation
- Effects on marketing
- Impact on the protection of employee data
- Data transfer between the EU and the US
- What has changed in regards to commissioned data processing?
- Extended powers of supervisory authorities
- Specific purposes and big data
- Future role of the Data Privacy Officer
- New rights of data subjects
- Fines: up to 4% of annual revenue
- Opportunities for privacy certification
2B Advice is ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certified
2B Advice is an IAPP corporate Gold member
2B Advice is a Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner
Our Clients (Selection)
Learn more about how data protection compliance software can help you with GDPR compliance.2B Advice Reasons to operationalize CCPA Whitepaper
7 reasons why to get started on the journey to privacy compliance. Download the whitepaper!Free Single User License for 2B Advice PriME
Interested in an unlimited single seat license for comprehensive data privacy software? Register here now.
2B Advice invited to a personal group user meeting of the data protection management solution 2B Advice PrIME for the first time in three years on October 13, 2022.New EuroPriSe Experts
2B Advice proudly announces that 15 experienced legal and technical privacy professionals have been admitted as EuroPriSe Experts recently.Children's Data Protection
California is safeguarding children's online information from exploitation by corporations by introducing the Age Appropriate Design Code Act requesting a Privacy Impact Assessment.