Lawyer (m/f/d) with Focus on Data Protection Law
EuroPriSe GmbH offers EU-wide certifications in the field of data protection. For the certification authority at our location in Bonn, we are looking for a Certification Specialist (Legal) with considerable experience in the field of EU data protection law.
- Auditing and assessment of data protection related legal issues in the context of certification procedures;
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with experts in the field of technical data protection and IT security;
- Participation in the conduct of training events (in particular, as a trainer / speaker);
- Contribution to the development of new / the enhancement of existing certification programs.
Requirements / Your Profile:
- Successful graduation in law after a university course with a standard period of study of at least eight semesters at an EU or state-recognized university (e.g., LL.M. or First State Examination in Law);
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of data protection;
- Knowledge / professional experience in the field of examination, auditing and certification;
- Willingness to continuously train yourself and to familiarize with new legal aspects of data protection;
- At least very good, preferably fluent command of the English language in speech and writing (including relevant specialist terms);
- Independent and structured working routine as well as an obliging manner;
- Readiness to travel.
- Interest in modern information technology and topics of information security as well as in interdisciplinary cooperation (legal/technical);
- Knowledge in organizational data protection (e.g., implementation of data protection management systems, execution of data protection impact assessments), preferably acquired during a professional activity as a company data protection officer;
- At least very good, preferably fluent command of the German language in speech and writing (including relevant specialist terms);
- Knowledge in any additional foreign language.
- A future-proof permanent position in a diverse and exciting work environment;
- A job with a high scope of responsibility in an international setting and on the pulse of modern technology;
- A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and short lines of communications;
- Modern offices in a beautiful landscape at the Rhine river;
- Good training opportunities (e.g., related to IT security and sector-specific aspects of data protection);
- Last, but not least: An attractive salary and additional benefits (e.g., a company car).
EuroPriSe started as an EU-funded project aimed at establishing a trans-European privacy seal. Today, EuroPriSe offers certifications for IT products, IT-based services and websites throughout the EU and can rely on a network of more than 100 EuroPriSe Experts located in 20 countries. The EuroPriSe seal assures users that their personal data are handled in accordance with European data protection laws. EuroPriSe certifications have been awarded to businesses of all sizes, including SMEs as well as multinational organizations such as Microsoft, SAP and Siemens. The formal procedure aimed at getting the approval for the EuroPriSe certification criteria and at being accredited as a certification body pursuant to Art. 42 f. GDPR is currently running. Our final objective is to introduce an approved European Data Protection Seal. Additional information about EuroPriSe is available at www.euprivacyseal.com.
Are you interested?
Then please apply stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Sebastian Meissner at +49 228 763 679 30.
Job Immediate Start:
Telemedicine Certification: Digitization of medical care through virtual home visits calls for attention to privacy and securityWhen Is a Data Protection Officer Required?
Companies are required to appoint a Data Protection Officer. The question is which companies are affected? When do you need to do this?Opt In vs. Opt Out
There is changing viewpoint over the practices of opt-in and opt-out email marketing. Here we explain the difference between opt-in & opt-out and what is the preferred approach today.